Friday 4 January 2013

Long time no talk !

Hey everybody ! It's been a while since I have written anything on here... I have been very busy partying, working, daydreaming and making awesome plans for this brand new year. I am excited because I can feel the change coming. This very change I have been awaiting for so much time. I feel more ready than ever to make a choice and spend one year of my life in the United States. The question of the place remains undefined, it will likely be a city on the East Coast (Philadelphia, New York or somewhere in New Jersey), because the program I requested takes place only there. I'm still thinking because I'm a West Coast kid so I'd rather prefer spending this year in the Middlewest or in the West, but we'll see. 

I'm in love with the American culture since forever. It has created an undefinable dream in me which I know will never fade away. Like any other country in the world, America has its weaknesses, and I know it tends to decline as countries like China and Brazil are emerging. But the United States will always be the country that dared, the country that dreamed and produced the dream endlessly throughout the years. They created Walt Disney, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe and James Dean. They gave us Steven Spielberg and these fabulous movies that you grew up with. Everything can be said about this country. But nothing about the role that they played in our lives, that they changed forever. 
I still don't know where I'll be located, someone mentioned Philadelphia as I said earlier. I know I would really enjoy living in Philly. That's where everything started. It's a fabulous city with fabulous buildings that shine in the sunset. It's close to New York City and I'm assuming that there must be plenty of things to do there. If I ever choose to go to Philly then I will probably get to study at the University of Pennsylvania (uPenn), which for me will be perfect ! uPenn is one of the most prestigious universities in the USA and it's a part of the Ivy League. Total dream ! 

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

So yes, Philadelphia would be perfect ! But I'm still hesitating as I'm a kid of the wild, I love wide spaces and valleys, prairies, woods and nature. My dream destination, to be honest, is Albuquerque (New Mexico). Big blue skies, endless roads, that's really what I'm looking for ! One year may sound a bit long, but who could seriously be tired of waking up every morning in front of a sea of valleys ? You tell me. I am also fascinated by Route 66 since forever, so it would be a good opportunity to visit it and share moments with the locals. In the program (that lasts 12 months), you are allowed to stay another month in order to travel. I could use that one to do this. Plus with American Airlines a ticket from Philly to Albuquerque is only about 200$ ! Let's see if we can make it happen :D 

Somewhere along Route 66, USA 

I think that when you have a dream, you must not let it fade away. It must not only help you going ahead in your everyday life, it IS a part of your life. Don't be afraid to achieve it, life is full of surprises. You'll find another dream to achieve, and so on. That's how you will meet new people, try new experiences, create and share memories. I have this dream since forever. It was born in me naturally. For years and years I have seen people and friends leaving to this promised land where I had never ever been. They would enjoy the places I wanted to go to, and do the exact things I wanted to do. I promised myself that it would soon be my turn. And for once, it sounds like life has kept its promises. 



1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled onto your totally awesome blog. I am now a fan!!

    ReplyDelete