Wednesday 6 June 2012

Lazy Afternoons

It has been almost one month that I am on holidays, and especially, that I won't be going back to college before at least September... I still can't believe it ! I could do so many things, but I can't really choose so I usually end up with doing nothing, which can be really frustrating judging from everything I have and buy ! It's like I'm lost in a huge ocean of books, music, painting, clothes, jewels and the internet. Who could really be courageous enough to choose any of these ? It's really difficult, I can tell.

So, in order to fight against this indecision, I have decided to organize my days, in order to stop waking up and noon and ending the day in front of the telly, ugh. After this, my days will essentially consist in doing some sport, having lunch with friends, cooking more and working on my screenplay. Without forgetting about books, for sure. 

Talking about these, I've recently purchased Jack Kerouac's legendary "On The Road", I had already read it in the past and I must say I was kind of skeptical when I heard they would make a movie about it. After having seen the trailer, I think they essentially applied a contemporary idea of the roadtrip, and I actually don't know if it was what Kerouac meant in his work. Anyway, this is still one of my favorite books ever and I think I'm really going to enjoy reading it again. 

But as the weather down this little french town can be very tricky, any outdoor activity may be compromised ... Then the best solution appears to be watching movies or listening to music, and I have solutions again. I have a lot of DVDs that I've been owning for a while, and as I'm not very keen of downloading movies on the internet, I buy them all. Which explains why I only have a few, because these are classics and I know I'll never get bored of them (American Beauty, Lost In Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind just to quote a few). Though, I got bored of sad and depressive movies which make me cry for nothing, so I preferred choosing funny movies that cheer me up, and in this category, Jim Carrey and Robin Williams are particularly the best ! 

But I won't be watching movies everyday, though. If the weather is okay, I'll certainly be up for a ride with my bike in the countryside or if I'm lazier, I'll stay in my garden that I take care or everyday ! I have recently planted some roses and it gets even more beautiful as it grows ! Luckily my garden will be full of flowers, just like the English cottages :-)

As long as music is concerned, I keep discovering new music everyday thanks to cool online softwares such as Last.fm, or, more recently, Spotify. For the latter, I really think I will get a Premium account as soon as possible. You can almost find everything and it's really great ! Lately, I have been listening a lot  to a brand new girls band named Haim. They made three songs and I don't know if these are only demos or if they are going to release a full album, but it's absolutely stunning. The songs are really funky and energetic, and their voices are very pretty. It really was a nice breakthrough. Plus, you can download them for free on their website here, anyone who likes pop, funky beats and female vocalists will fall in love with Haim's music. Can't wait for more songs ! Listen to "Go Slow" here.


       



No comments:

Post a Comment